Underfloor Heating Plus Ltd (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting any personal information that you may provide to us and informing you about how we will treat information about you that we may receive from this site or other forms of electronic communication.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit this website (our “Website”), mobile application, social media service or other forms of electronic communication, collectively (“e-communication”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website.
- In e-mail, social media, mobile application, text or other electronic communication between you and our Website.
- Through mobile or other applications you download which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Company.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
The Data Protection Act 1998
The Underfloor Heating Plus website complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information from and about users of our forms of e-communication, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or other user ID (“personal information”); and that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as cookies, usage details, IP address, and/or other technologies.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners
Information You Provide to Us includes:
- Information that you provide when interacting with the Company by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, posting material, responses to surveys you complete or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, calls, or other means of communication when you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on our Website.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our Website, or transmitted to other users of our Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Automatically Provided:
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information including: details of your visits such as traffic data, location data, and logs; other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website; and information about your electronic device, computer, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The information we collect is statistical data that helps us to improve our forms of e-communication and to deliver better, more personalized service. The technologies we use for this data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our Website visitors, except as described here. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you, including but not limited to, interactive features.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To provide you with notices or to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it, including but not limited to changes to our Website, products or services we offer or provide though the Website or any other electronic medium, including alerts, feedback, surveys or other contacts.
- To create statistics to improve our electronic content and delivery of information.
- We may also use information we collect for various business proposes which, may include but are not limited to customer service, fraud, market research, service and product improvements, or any contractual obligations.
- To contact you about goods and services of our own or other third parties’ that may be of interest to you.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. We do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, however, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria unless you “opt-out”.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are generally bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of or consented to these disclosures.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of those sites.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. If you do not want us to share your personal information with the Company, unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for product or services promotional purposes or targeted advertising, you can opt-out by logging into our Website or other e-communication source and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or un-checking the relevant boxes or by writing us stating your request to Underfloor Heating Plus Ltd, Greens End House, 33D Greens End Road, Meltham, Holmfirth, HD9 5NW. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may review, update or correct your personal information by logging in and visiting your account profile page or via mail to Underfloor Heating Plus Ltd, Greens End House, 33D Greens End Road, Meltham, Holmfirth, HD9 5NW We cannot delete your personal information except by deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from our e-communication source, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users. Proper access and use of information provided by the Company, including User Contributions, is governed by our terms and conditions.
Our e-communication is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our e-communication source. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Underfloor Heating Plus Ltd, Greens End House, 33D Greens End Road, Meltham, Holmfirth, HD9 5NW
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions or other sensitive identifying will be encrypted technology industry standards.
Underfloor Heating Plus Ltd, Greens End House, 33D Greens End Road, Meltham, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, HD9 5NW